Is your MacBook Pro slower than usual? Does it freeze frequently? Is it making strange noises? Have you lost the Data?
Well, your hard drive may be at fault here. The hard drive is responsible for storing information on MacBook. The moving parts are what might be the source of the problem. They eventually fail. And if your hard drive is also experiencing this failure, it’s time to replace it!
Now if you are in Melbourne, you can visit any MacBook Data Recovery Store in Melbourne nearest to your place for this. But, one thing you should know is that you can also replace your hard drive with a Solid-state drive which is much faster. It has no moving parts, which improve its performance.
But before you buy an SSD or a hard drive, you must ensure whether there is a problem with the hard drive. Here are a few “symptoms” you might notice to indicate the same.
How to Ensure if you have to Visit a Data Recovery Center to Reinstate Your Hard Disk?
● Your MacBook Pro runs slower than as usual
● It starts freezing frequently
● Opening files becomes difficult. Some of them aren’t opening
● Even if files open, they are corrupted. But you remember that you saved them that too without errors
● Files start disappearing
● The device produces strange periodic noises
Well, you don’t have time to waste; act fast! Search for the best local MacBook Data Recovery center in Melbourne and get it fixed.
Replacing Your Hard Disc Drive (HDD) With Solid State Drive (SSD)
Here is the material you will need
- An SSD
- A screwdriver with a Torx head
- A cable (SATA to USB)
- A simple screwdriver
The First Step: Backing Up Your Data
Once you replace the hard drive with the new one or the SSD, you’ll lose all your data stored in the previous one. You thus may want to back it up. Here are the steps.
- SSD should be connected to MacBook Pro using the cable
- The device should be connected to the adapter
- Next, Go to the Applications folder. Click on “Disk Utility”
- The SSD icon should be clicked on to select “Partition”
- A menu called Options should have a box at the end. Click on this box
- Then GUID Partition Table should be selected
- Disk Permissions should be checked by clicking on First Aid Tab
- “Repair Disk Permissions” should be selected
- Verify Disk followed by Repair Disk should be selected
- Next, MacBook Pro should be shut down. Then it should be restarted by holding the Option Key. Also, the option to boot the recovery disk should be checked
- Mac OS should be reinstalled
- The destination disk should be selected as the SSD that is connected
- When OS is installed, a hard drive should be selected to recover files from it
- The process will take a long time. You may want to do any other work meanwhile!
If any case you have forgot to create a backup for your data, you may have to visit a Hard Drive Data Recovery Store Melbourne. The store may help you to recover the lost data.
The Next Step: Remove the HDD
- The device should be placed upside down on a static-free surface
- The ten screws should be removed using the screwdriver
- The bottom of the laptop should be removed
- You’ll see the hard drive held in using plastic
- The screws that are holding the plastic should be removed
- The hard drive should then be removed gently
- Disconnect the SATA ribbon using the connector and not the ribbon to disconnect it
The Last Step: Installing the SSD
- The Torx screws which were removed from the hard drive should be fixed
- The SATA ribbon should be attached to the SSD. Please don’t be too harsh on it
- The SSD should be placed in the place of the hard drive
- Also, the plastic piece used to hold the drive should be put back in place
- The bottom should be screwed back
Well, that’s it! That’s how you or an expert in any MacBook Data Recovery Store in Melbourne will make your laptop work faster.
What Can You Expect After Successful Installation Of SSD?
Be it either you have fixed the SSD; once it is done you can expect it to have the following:
- You can expect a more rough and tough laptop, which won’t stop working all of a sudden!
- You can expect a speedier laptop
- Your laptop is now easier to handle because SSDs are generally lighter
- Now, you will experience fewer malfunctions. HDDs read files in proper sequence
If you are facing issue with you SSD Drive, Get SSD Drive Recovery Service soon to prevent the future data loss.
We hope you would have a clear idea of replacing your hard drive and having a better Mac experience. Just in case if you face any difficulty in MacBook Hard Drive or SSD replacement process or you face any other issue in your MacBook Pro even after executing this procedure, you should visit Recovery Squad, A Reliable and Certified Data Recovery center in Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney for further check and repairing to be done.