Swann provides professional services to recover, salvage, backup and restore accidentally deleted/ reformatted security footage from its DVR hard drive. It helps in retaining the complete data of all hard drives attached or connected to Swann NVR or CCTV systems. The Swann 4-channel surveillance system is perfect if you like keeping an eye on your home, office or store. It’s powered by a hard drive in the DVR (digital video recorder), which lets you record security footage in high definition, and comes with four security cameras that can be positioned anywhere to give you four different views of what’s happening.
Sometimes the footage can get lost or deleted automatically or manually. So, if you need to access content from DVR hard drive then this process is not easy and takes lots of time. Though there are few other products in the market who can retrieve deleted CCTV video footage, they also limit you in some ways and demand lots of money. If you get into such a situation where there is no access to the DVR or your Swann Camera has lost video footage, then you can get a CCTV video recovery service from Recovery Squad.
Reasons for Swann DVR Data Loss
There are many common reasons leading to Swann DVR video loss. It could be because of some physical damage or internal issues, electricity interruption, virus attacks, improper formatting, or some other common reasons. You can only protect the DVR hard drive against natural disasters with some third-party measures.
- No matter what the reason, a sudden power strike or outage can damage the recordings of the Swann DVR hard drive.
- Fire or water damage.
- The single most common failure we see leads to data loss of DVR records – mishandling while transferring video footage from your Swann DVR to another device.
- The Swann DVR Recorder has the ability to instantly monitor, record video, and playback CCTV footage. However, data loss is possible due to mistakes made by the DVR owner. Data loss usually results due to accidental deletion of event recordings or channel settings.
Other reasons may include a corrupt hard drive, loss of radio signal, formatting hard drives, or maybe old firmware and so on.
How To Recover Data from Swann DVR?
There are two main methods to recover lost video footage from Swann CCTV/DVR.
- If you have a hard drive from your Swann DVR, the hard drive backup is a great place to start restoring your lost data files. In order to recover from a hard disk system backup performed by Swann, you will need the original hard disk from your system.
- You can recover lost or deleted video files on Swann DVRs with the help of a reliable and certified CCTV data recovery service provider near you.
Also Read: Ways to Recover Deleted CCTV Footage
Swann DVR Data/footage Recovery from Hard Drive Backup –
If you have a backup file of your security camera footage, whether it’s on a cloud server or on an external hard drive, you can restore the video footage back to the original machine. or you can also view it on the backup hard drive. To do so, please follow these steps:
Step 1 – Search for the backup folder
Step 2 – Open the folder
Step 3 – Find the exact Lost video or footage
Step 4 – Copy the Lost Data
Step 5 – Restore the lost video to the SD Card or Disk
Recover Lost or Deleted Footages from DVR Data Recovery Specialist
If you don’t have a backup of your lost Swann DVR footage or video, the best way to get them back is with the help of a DVR/CCTV Data Recovery expert.
Getting back lost files from a Swann DVR depends on the type of recorder and how many hard drives failed. The Recovery Squad, a data recovery company in Melbourne, Australia, has been providing commercial and corporate CCTV security video recovery service since 2006 and is able to recover missing or lost recordings from Swann Network Video Recorders (NVR) and Swann DVRs with two or more hard drives. Sometimes archived data can be recovered from a faulty drive under warranty. The Recovery Squad has successfully recovered lost or deleted data from Swann DVRs in the past. Please feel free to call @ 1300 381 230 or contact us for further information.