Any business that relies on data to function can be seriously harmed by even a small amount of hard drive data loss.
Data is essential for businesses in order to make informed decisions, track progress, and strategize for the future. When data is lost, it can throw off analytics, ruin customer trust, and cause financial losses. In some cases, data loss can even lead to the demise of a business.
That’s why it’s so important for businesses to have reliable backup and disaster external hard drive recovery plans in place in case of an unexpected data loss event. Having a solid backup plan will help ensure that your business can continue operating smoothly even in the face of disaster.
What are the reasons behind data loss from an external hard drive?
The 4 major reasons are accidental deletion, computer virus or malware, hardware failure, and natural disaster.
- Accidental deletion can include anything from mistakenly deleting a file to reformatting a hard drive without backing up data first.
- Computer viruses or malware can infect a computer and delete files or make them inaccessible. Also, fixing a corrupted external hard drive is a tough job.
- Hardware failure can include anything from a malfunctioning hard drive to a power outage that damages equipment.
- And natural disasters such as fires, floods, and earthquakes can damage computers and other electronic equipment.
Methods to recover data from an external hard drive
Depending on the severity of the data loss, businesses may be able to recover lost customer data and insights through a number of methods.
1. Backup Plan: One method is to restore the data from a recent backup. If the backup was taken before the data was lost, this may be a viable option. However, if the backup does not contain all of the lost data, or if it is outdated, this method will not be successful.
2. Data recovery tools: Another option is to use forensic analysis tools to try and recover the lost data. This process can be time-consuming and expensive, and there is no guarantee that all of the lost data will be recovered. Also, please beware of fraudulent tools they can do more harm. You need to buy one that has a reputation in the market and is capable of solving issues that you’re particularly facing.
3. Windows System File Checker: When you face external hard drive problems with malware or system crash, then there’s a tool in windows that can resolve the issue. It is known as the Windows System File Checker Tool. It is basically a simple way to retrieve data from an external hard drive. This method can help you replace corrupted files with a cached copy in a compressed folder.
4. Reestablish a Previous Version: File History is a convenient Windows option. It permits you to travel once more into the past and reestablish past versions of documents, regardless of whether the first records have since been erased. For File History to work, it’s important to enact it manually.
You can do this by typing in File History into the Windows search bar and tapping on ‘Restore files using File History.’ This will lead you to the Control Panel, where you can go on File History. Please note that you incorporate your external hard drive among active file history locations.
5. Seek professional help: A data recovery services expert is someone with a great deal of knowledge or experience in a data recovery field. And in some cases, getting expert advice may be the only way to ensure that you’re making the best decisions possible for your company’s precious data.
At Recovery Squad, we have a team of data recovery specialists. They can help you recover deleted files from an external hard drive in no time and even provide you with the data in its original format. So if you’re facing a difficult decision or you need help solving a problem, it can be helpful to consult with our data recovery expert.
Businesses should avoid data loss because it can lead to a number of negative consequences, such as decreased sales, tarnished reputation, and even legal penalties.
When customer data is lost, customers are often very reluctant to do business with that company again. In fact, a study by IBM showed that nearly half of all customers who experience such issues will never do business with the company again. This can lead to a significant decrease in sales and revenue for the business.
For more information, call us on 1300 381 230.